Monday, January 21, 2013

An almost-Tuesday update

This is more of a heads up about what I'm doing now and what I've got in the pipeline... stuff like that. Since work is settling down I have some free time again, though I probably won't get back into my annual writing-frenzy state until March/April. That doesn't mean this will be a dry spell. Far from it.

I'm currently working on the next chapters of both Experiments and Fire Shadow, so while I don't know which one I'll finish first they should be out rather close to one another.

Experiments:

A slight rustling noise made her aware that Naruto was either awake or waking up. Briefly glancing over her shoulder, she observed as he managed to propel himself upright, then sit so his legs were off the side of the bed as he stretched. It wasn't until his bleary eyes settled on her that she shifted her gaze back to the window, once again roving over the buildings on the opposite side of the street. 
A moment later, a slight weight settled on her shoulder. It was hard, slightly pointy, and a bit uncomfortable... so without looking she quickly deduced that it was his chin. She was proven correct when a moment later his deep morning-voice began to mumble next to her ear.
"G'Mornin."

Fire Shadow:
As the footsteps grew closer, Naruto looked down. He was able to sense who it was, but he'd wait for them to appear before saying anything. He didn't have to wait long, as a woman with long, bright white hair appeared from around a few bushes. Her hair appeared to glow under the starlight, and Naruto found himself spellbound for a moment.
Regaining his senses, he called out to her, "What brings you out here, Mirajane?"
The other mage stopped short and looked up, spotting him in the tree. The blond felt a moment of unease as she narrowed her eyes, but then it passed when she frowned and shook her head. She crouched down slightly before performing a large jump right to the branch he was sitting on.
The branch barely shook at all with her landing, and she simply stared at him for a second before sighing and sitting down next to him.
"I think you know why I'm out here."


Other than those two, I've got some other stuff going on. I've been talking with pokemaster12 and picked up his latest challenge post - Naruto x Rosario+Vampire. To be honest I'd already had some scribbles written along with a rough outline from about a year or two ago that never went anywhere. Mine will also have a fair amount of differences from his, of course, but I'll still be following along the general challenge. I'm fixing up my outline now so that I can make a few changes based upon both Naruto and RV canon.

I've also got my first Harry Potter fic (well, technically my second as I started one but I'm probably not going to finish that one) that will be a Harry Potter/Daphne Greengrass pairing. I've got tons of ideas for the beginning and middle of the fic, but I'm torn on some other things so at the moment it's sitting in limbo until I get some more ideas. If anyone has any bunnies of their own they want to toss my way, feel free. If I see some good thoughts I may post some more thoughts I was having.

Lastly, I had another rough outline done for a Naruto + To Love Ru/Darkness that I had worked on about oh... 2 years ago now? It never really got anywhere and I've been following 'When Two Realms Meet' by Gavedin when he decides to update it among all his other stuff.

Lastly, I had a ton more ideas for a Naruto x Code Geass cross, but I haven't even started writing those down.

Oh, and Naruto x Sword Art Online. Ugh. If only there was a free or cheap program that I could talk into that only had minor parsing issues. I can type at 70 wpm average, but with all my ideas that still feels hella slow.

3 comments:

  1. Wee. Can't wait for both and for new story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. /wave

    hopefully u aint sick.

    you should start posting your idea an snipet here, this blog may get more popular if you give it more of you attention.

    TSN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Lorian. It's been several months since you've even written in this blog. People will stop coming if you don't constantly update. At least give a little something once every two days or so.

    On a side note, I am looking forward to the new story. And since the story you picked up is my latest challenge (yes, I am Pokemaster12), I can't help but feel excited to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete