Monday, April 22, 2013

I've been bad...

... guess I won't be getting any presents for Christmas this year. I've definitely got to be on the 'naughty' list already.

Well, it could have be worse. I could have typed it as 'defiantly'. Ah, if I only had a dime for every one of those I saw.

Anyway, as several peoples have mentioned I should post an update here so this way folks know what's going on. To be honest, not much. I was trying to get a lot of stuff typed and maybe even completely finish a story or two before I posted anything.

Of course the best laid plans always tend to go awry. I had planned on my work load from my job getting lighter, as it did last year. Mmmmm... yeah. No luck there. Especially because the extra help that was hired as of my last posting is gone. Not only that, but my other partner-in-crime has moved along as well, to a new location that opened. The Dynamic Duo has been broken up!

So I'm in an even worse spot than I was before. I got a vacation a week ago that I was going to spend doing a lot of this, buuuut I spent that car shopping. Got a nice new car to show for it, at least (2013 Dodge Avenger).

But work... work... beautiful work. I know everyone has to get tired of reading about my job, but I swear working retail pharmacy is so (not) exciting! What was the work of 5 people is now being done by 3 because even though we could see the signs a mile away, lets wait and drag our feet and let things get REAL bad before we hire extra help for you, just like last time! So even though we pride ourselves on customer service we're just going to let them get frustrated and stress you out because you don't have enough help to get things done in a timely manner.

Right. Story of my life.

Anyway... as far as writing goes, off the top my my head (I'm at work while posting this) I've got 7... maybe 8 chapters of stuff typed up but none of it has been beta'd or checked, some of them are still in first proof. So I may work on cleaning one of them up (probably Experiments) and post a chapter just so people don't have to go 'WHERE ARE YOU OMG!?' - not that they should have to in the first place.

Real life instability sometimes happens to spill over onto the internets, unfortunately. I have learned that I can't plan what I plan on doing reliably based upon what I anticipate my job being like. It's really hard to get in the writing groove when I get stressed out nearly five days out of the week, and then spend the weekends unwinding.

I'll try (read: try) to post more often on this than I have been. I don't know if I can pull of an every other day kinda thing, but perhaps if I mention what I did - nah, everyone will get bored with that real fast. Oh well. We'll play it by ear, as always. Just... someone pinch me if I go more than a week.

- PJ

3 comments:

  1. The bad thing about fanfic writers, is that a lot of them just fall off the face of the internet-earth, and just stop updating. As a result, a lot of people who have been reading fanfiction for a long time get paranoid when authors just stop updating.

    Long story short, even it's just a "I am still alive, still writing, RL is smacking me around" a short update is always appreciated by your readership.

    The only thing suckier than an author that decides to stop writing is an author that doesn't tell anyone they stopped.

    Also, good to see you're still kicking and still writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, even a short note letting us know your alive is appreciated, let's the readers know you haven't abandoned ship. Otherwise, glad to hear your ok, and as always I look foreword to reading your work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no disappearing act from me. The hardest part is finding a moment where I'm both relaxed and feeling creative enough to make a lot of progress. The past couple of months have been relatively unforgiving about that.

    ReplyDelete