Thursday, June 27, 2013

Chugging along

So, I've got some very interesting reviews for the first chapter.

Y'know, ones where people are treating it like they know more than me, the author, and we're about 5-10 chapters into the story.

"Oh great, another god-like Naruto-fic."

"Ugh, chuunin level? That's it? He's the ultimate power, and you nerfed him that bad? This will suck."


Seriously. Got those reviews. After one chapter. Amazing.

Oh, apparently it's boring and Naruto is stupid too. *shrug*

I just laugh and let it pad my review count, now.


However, for those of you who might 'actually' read this blog and were thinking anywhere along the same lines:

Naruto could actually see the sheepish look on the other man's face. Unbelievable. Leaning forward in the chair, he couldn't help but rub his temples with his fingers. “Everything with more density than air in the box gets held in a pocket dimension that was thoroughly tested. It's one of the only places that were ever found where time doesn't exist.”
Now the other man simply looked flabbergasted. “Time doesn't... exist? How is that possible?”
The blond shrugged. “People smarter than me never figured it out. I still don't know if they have, but I have no true idea how much time has passed while I've been sealed away. All I know are two things: First, I have no idea how to get back to the place where I originally came from. Secondly, I've kept track of the time that has passed since the first time I was sealed. One year and eight months. In a little over two months, I'll have turned eighteen for real.”
“Physically, at least,” the blond added as an afterthought. “Mentally is another matter entirely.”

3 comments:

  1. well it take both extreme to agree on a middle ground.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed those reviews as well. Unfortunately, people like to complain. That you have people coming from such varying perspectives is kind of funny.

    So... I'm not really sure I got this little preview you have at the end. Are you saying that Naruto is actually only 18 years old? I would have thought he'd be much older, you know, considering he's the second incarnation of the Kyuubi no Yoko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Physically he's about 18 yes. As he mentioned though, mentally is another matter entirely.

      Delete