Wednesday, June 26, 2013

New fic: Of Vampires and Foxes

Good old Naruto and Rosario+Vampire. Several fics out there, very few of them are what I'd call 'lasting'. I used to help beta for Denim88 and Rosario Jinchuuriki back in the day (feels like forever ago), but he's kinda/sorta disappeared from the writing scene. Moved on, as it were.

But enough about that. This is a challenge I picked up from The Engulfing Silence (aka Pokemaster13) back in January this year. After clawing through the remainder of Rewritten and dabbling with some other stuff that was sitting on the backburner, I finally got some legit free time earlier in June, and it's lasted in a somewhat limited amount through until now. I was making sure to write at least 1000 words a day (of anything) and so far I've only missed 2 days.

This past weekend I actually had a fair amount of free time so I pumped out a bit more that more than made up for what I missed. Now, about the actual story:

It's a bit of an experiment for me. I've written other stuff and labeled it as 'M' just in case, but as has been pointed out, nothing has really gone beyond teen, and even that can be considered a stretch. My defense is that I've tried to aim for the widest possible audience. While plausible, this is friggin' fanfiction - I'm doing this as a hobby, not for profit.

So in short, audience schmaudience. I'm glad when anyone likes it. So I'm going to venture quite a bit further into real 'M' territory this time. That means more legit violence if it fits. Language I don't really care about. Ecchi though? Yeah, it will be there. Maybe even my first legit lemon. The main objective is to be tasteful, without going into purple prose, and not being crass either.

Challenge Accepted.

Some things to look forward to:

- My first 'kind-of' harem. Moka and Kokoa are in it. Perhaps Ruby. There will be at least one OC, maaaaybe two.
- OC's? Noooo! I know what you're thinking. There is a reason. For now.
- This fic will go beyond the scope of Rosario Vampire, simply because this would be my shortest fic ever if it didn't. Expect references to a lot of other stuff. It's not a massive crossover or anything close, but ohhh... references.
- Reference examples? Beelzebub. Harry Potter. Negima. Avatar the Last Airbender. Naruto Genkyouien. >.> Don't worry about that last one too much, like I said, it's for some reference. There won't be an explosion of Yuri. Not even close.

As always, those who check the blog will get bits of additional info about what I'm doing, including generalized review responses.

In regards to my other works - I've worked on them piecemeal. I can't promise anymore what I'll update when. My life just hasn't worked like that lately. I go where my muse goes.

1 comment:

  1. I really do look forward to seeing where you go with this Naruto/Rosario story. But then, I'm also highly biased since this is a challenge you accepted from me. Naturally, I'm going to be more interested in this story than your other ones.

    I am a bit disappointed by your apparent lack of Yuri though. It would be very interesting to see what an explosion of Yuri could do to the story.

    Just kidding. There's no need to use other people's work. You'll just have to come up with something better.

    ReplyDelete