Friday, June 21, 2013

It's still 'later today' (from my last post)

Alright, so I've got plenty of Mio, a freshly cleaned glass for tomorrow, and plenty of music lined up in my Rhapsody player. I'm determined to sit and write like a madman for most of the day. I've got several outlines going and chapters (and pieces of chapters) written here and there, but I kind of want to start posting again.

I don't know it's a good or bad thing, but I've got ideas all over the place. Most of you who read this probably think it's bad, because when I write all over the place it doesn't seem like I can focus on and post one thing. Oh well. Lately my life has been pretty static (thankfully) but I get so many ideas while working and have no time to write them down.

On the work front, though, I'm getting more help again (supposedly, cross your fingers) which means I won't be coming home dead on my feet, and I'll actually feel up to writing instead of just watching the strange area of YouTube for an hour before falling asleep.

Anyway, as an update of sorts:

Fire Shadow is making me pull my hair out. I don't know why, but my muse just isn't being cooperative even though I've got literally 3/4ths of the next chapter done, and most of the chapter after that done, plus an outline. I've semi-lost interest in FT, and I'm trying to get it back again.

Experiments is coming along slowly, as always. I really like it, but as with the case of most of my stories, it seems to have grown beyond what my original plan was, and I'm trying to reconcile that fact with my skimpy outline.

Rewritten is being translated into Spanish - more on that later. B Side is also coming along at a snails pace, but I have a chapter for Minato done and a partial one for Kakashi.

Whirlpool Country - Is being re-done, completely. I finished a new outline and have already started working on the first chapter. I'm going to leave the old story up, but close it, and post the new one... at some point, I guess?

===

“Excuse me, Uzumaki-san. Dinner is served.”
Naruto paused from his reading, lifting his head and looking towards the door of the room he was currently staying in. The servant that had been... assigned... to him had knocked on the door for a moment before opening it and peeking inside. He couldn't see the man behind the door – as they were trained to remain invisible – but the door was opened slightly so that the blond could hear what needed to be said clearly.
“Hm. Okay. What's the dress code?”
“It is a private event, Uzumaki-san. Completely casual.”
Naruto let out a quiet sigh before nodding, more to himself than the person behind the door. “I'll be there soon.”
The reply barely took a second. “Understood.”


===

An as-yet unnamed Naruto x Rosario that I'm working on, which was part of a challenge. The first chapter is pretty much done.

===

It was cold.
Cold, and dark. Not to mention there was a musty sort of smell in the air that made his nose twitch. There was a sudden urge to pinch it closed, or even rub it... only to find out that his hands were bound.
He shifted his body slightly, only to realize that while he wasn't really bound – instead he was packed into a container that didn't have any room for maneuvering.
Panic would have been the first step for most humans, but Uzumaki Naruto wasn't like most... not to mention that he wasn't entirely human either. Not anymore, anyway. At least, that's what he told himself as he started waking up from his long slumber, old memories moving to the forefront.


===

Now, we'll see just how much I can get done tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh~ so you've actually got most of the first chapter for Naruto/Rosario done? I'm actually looking forward to that. Only one person ever took one of my challenges and, well, hard as he tried, his fiction went from something that had potential to this jumbled mess filled with so much dead end and contradicting information I couldn't read it anymore. There was simply too much conflicting information, too many storylines crossed over and no real sense of direction as far as I could see.

    I take it those two excerpts are from your stories Whirlpool country and the Naruto/Rosario crossover?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct. I worked the Rosario one for less time today than I'd have liked, but still got a fair amount done. I'll toss the first chapter your way sometime on Sunday.

      Delete
    2. Well, I was never really into your Whirlpool story, but I am most definitely looking forward to the Naruto/Rosario one.

      Delete