Thursday, November 8, 2012

Squadron 42 / Star Citizen

I've posted (briefly) on this once before, but just to get it out there one more time -

There is a game. A good game. A PC game. It's being created by Chris Roberts, creator of Wing Commander, Privateer, Strike Commander, Freelancer, Starlancer...

I have posted comments before on my fanfiction page about how I was helping out with a game called Miner Wars 2081 (back in the day) and got a surprising number of comments about it for people who were actually interested in the space combat genre. So I figured maybe in case there were still people unaware of it, Star Citizen is in production. It's already been in development for about a year, and there is a nice graphic demo all over the place on the web, as well as several interviews with Chris Roberts.

The interesting things about it is that it won't only be a space combat game, it will also have FPS elements so you can literally board ships and take them over, steal their cargo, etc. There is a ton more too, but I don't want to copy/paste the whole thing here... because that would be silly. If you're interested, check out the website at Roberts Space Industries and read up on it.

If you're interested in pledging at all (at least $35) then consider using a referral link of mine. I know, you're thinking 'psh, referall link? Not interested...' but wait! At least I'm being up-front about it instead of hiding it in another link, like the one above. That's at least worth hearing me out, right?

If you do pledge (at least $35) then between now and November 19th you'll be entered into a contest, along with me, the referrer, to come away with some cool swag. It's not often that a referee gets cool swag too, right? Again, without copy/pasting a ton of text, there are grand, runners up, and recruit prizes. It may only be a small chance depending on how large the response is, but I think any chance is better than no chance at all.

Even if you don't use the link, or even pledge, hopefully I managed to get at least one other person interested. If I do, mission successful! (I've heard that you might need my email... I think I have it plastered somewhere on the net, but it's paradoxjast@gmail.com for those that don't feel like looking)
REFERRAL LINKAGE, HO

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, where's my chapter!?

    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I JUST posted an update on the blog, actually. I left a little gift there too as an apology for not having it ready on time.

      Delete